The storage lockers in the basement are being auctioned for the upcoming twelve months from July 15, 2016 through July 14, 2017. All bids (minimum bid accepted will be $100/month) must be received no later than June 30, 2016. Storage lockers will be awarded to the 12 highest bidders.
LOCKER ROOM AUCTION INSTRUCTIONS
There are12 storage lockers in the basement. All Shareholdes are welcome to bid, subject to the following rules:
- The bid is due on or before June 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM.
- The minimum bid for each locker shall be $100 per month.
- The auction is open only to Shareholders.
- The rental period is one year, starting July 15, 2016.
- No shareholder may bid on more than one locker.
- Current locker holders must bid if they want a locker. There is no automatic renewal.
- Each bid must be accompanied by a check made out to "350 Bleecker Street Apartment Corp." for the monthly (not yearly) bid amount. All checks and bids should be given to Rifo, who is coordinating the bidding process with board member Michael Chestnov. Bids without checks will be disqualified.
- Residents who did not win a locker will have their checks destroyed.
- In case of a tie, the earliest bid received will get preference.
- If your bid form is filled out incorrectly or the check has an error, a board member will try to call you. If the correction is not made within 24 hours of the call, or if Rifo cannot reach you, then neither the co-op will be held responsible.
- If a current locker holder loses the bid, the lockers must be cleaned out and the padlock removed by July 14, 2016 at 5:00 PM. If the padlock is not removed by said date, the Co-op reserves the right to remove the lock and the contents from the locker.
- Locker winners will have the monthly fee added to their maintenance fee invoices.
How the Bidding Process Works
If there are fewer than 12 bids, the lowest bid shall become the price. If there are more than 12 bids, then the 12th lowest bid shall become the new price for all 12 lockers. For example: If 15 bids are received, and the 12th lowest bid is $125/month, then the new price for everyone is $125/month. If two different people bid $125/month and only one can be accommodated, then the person whose bid is received first will get a locker.
- If you need the locker for less than one year, you are free to transfer it to any other Shareholder, after notifying the managing agent. In other words, any Shareholder who has rights to a locker may transfer those rights to (a) any other shareholder in the building, or (b) any purchaser of their apartment; the transferee will only be permitted to use the locker for the remainder of the term. However, the Co-op will issue no refunds for unused locker-rental time. If you sell your apartment before the year is up, you automatically forfeit your right to the locker, unless you transfer your remaining interest in the locker to a Shareholder first.
- The storage locker room has seven-day, 24 hour access to the lockers. Each storage locker requires a padlock supplied by the Shareholder. Each storage locker is approximately 36 inches by 40 inches by 80 inches high. No personal items may be keep in front of, around, or on top of the lockers.
- No flammable chemicals, explosives, ammunition, or firearms may be stored in any locker. Everything stored is at the risk of the owner, since the building accepts no responsibility for the security (including, but not limited to water damage, theft, fire) of the storage lockers or the room.
- If you have any questions, please call Adriana Bernard at MKI (212-684-8282) or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to see the lockers, please contact Rifat Otovic at 212-989-1565 or see a video on our website: 350bleecker.com/video/video4.mov.
- Submit the below form with check attached in a sealed envelope, and slip under Rifat Otovic's door (Lobby G) or mail the form to Rifat Otovic, so that he receives your bid no later than June 30, 2016 at 5:00 PM. The new rental term will start July 15, 2016.
Locker Bidding Form Name__________________________ Apartment #______ Phone_________________ E-mail ________________________________ Locker Bid: $_________/month. (Minimum bid: $100/month) Signature________________________________________ Agreement: Signing this form indicates my agreement with the terms outlined above.